RN Clinical Supervisor - Labor and Delivery
Title: RN Clinical Supervisor - Labor and Delivery
RN Clinical Supervisor - Labor and Delivery - FT - Night Shift
The Clinical Supervisor (CS) is a Registered Nurse responsible for using independent judgment in the planning, implementing, organizing, and supervision of the nursing care administered by a designated unit to meet patient care needs on a 24 hour basis. The CS is responsible for administering care within the scope of his/her training and expertise, collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective/efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes is met. This is done in conjunction with the objectives/policies of the hospital and the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Alabama. The CS provides leadership, is a resource person, uses available resources appropriately and is responsible to the Department Manager/Director, Nursing Supervisor, Associate Directors and the Chief Nursing Officer. The CS uses established principles of delegation and supervision to direct the activities of all licensed and non-licensed care givers and support staff (Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Patient Care and Intensive Care Technicians and Nursing Secretaries) in the delivery of patient care during their assigned shift.
- Must have the required education needed to be a licensed Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing
- 2 years of clinical and leadership experience is preferred
- Current license as a Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- Must maintain current BLS certification
- Must maintain ACLS and NRP certificationsPrimary Locaiton: AL-Dothan
Organization: Flowers Hospital