The job you requested, Inpatient Mulit-specialty Medical Coders Needed ASAP!, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Certified Medical Coder - Orthopedics
Iowa Ortho is currently looking to addaCertified Medical Coder (CPC or CCAPreferred)for our growing Clinic. This positionwill be trained on site at our downtown office and may offer the opportunity tomove into a role as an at home coder. This position offers competitive compensation based on experience along with an opportunity to work along side some of the finest team members on the planet!
This position serves asthe primary reviewer of physician dictation, code selection, and charge posting to the patient accounts for accurate and expedited payment of claims.This position handlesupdating and entering data into our system andassistance with the billing department when working with difficult claims.Overall, this position requires excellent computer skills,excellent claims or coding history, medical terminology knowledge and excellent internal customer service skills.
WHO IS IOWA ORTHO? For more than 53 years, Iowa Orthohas been providing excellence in comprehensive orthopedic care. For over five decades, communities throughout central Iowa have placed their trust in the physicians at IowaOrtho to provide exceptional medical care. As the Center of Excellence name indicates, the physicians at Iowa Ortho strive to provide the highest quality medical care possible. All of our physicians are fellowship trained and board certified in their fields, assuring patients that they will be receiving care from the highest qualified physicians and surgeons.Candidates can learn more about us by checking out our website at www.iowaortho.com.
WOULD I BE A GOOD FIT FOR IOWA ORTHO? Are youa patient service nut? Do you care about your patients and partner physicians? Do you have the skills necessary and offer the education along with the experience required below?Is it important for you tobe a part of a team that is making huge strides in theDes Moines area in terms ofcustomer, facility or practitioner focus? Do you have what it takes to make a positive differenceand create a culture that thrives on providing the best quality of care for all you come in contact with? If so... Read on.
I'M INTERESTED... NOW WHAT? We are interested in hearing from the very best people to help lead our patient service initiative. In order for an inquiry to be considered, candidates must meet all of the job requirements and submit a resume which indicates the education and experience gained. Once received, Iowa Ortho will reach out to interested parties. Complete job descriptions available upon request.
- Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma (at minimum) with additional post secondary education inMedical Billing andCoding
- Qualifiedcandidatesmust also be currently CERTIFIEDthrough arecognized Coding program, such as AHIMA or AAPC.
- Qualified candidatesmust haveat minimum one year of Orthopediccoding experience or three years of specialitycoding/facility coding experience.
- Due to the necessity to be in the office when required (training, meetings, etc) candidates must be able to return the Iowa Ortho office within 2 hours of notification of a need to return to the 450 Laurel office in Des Moines. Travel time andmileage are not be paid due to 450 Laurel being the primary work location of the employee.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people
- Prior experience indata entry and accuracy
- Ability to follow protocols and policies while providing excellent customer service
- In depthknowledge of orthopedics and Medical Office Terminology preferred
- Two year degree preferred
- Prior auditing experience in coding preferred
General Physical Demands
- Talking and hearing while exchanging information, both by phone and in person.
- Walking for short distances, usually at average speeds.
- Lifting while assisting patients: pushing and pulling.
- Fingering while using computer terminal.
- Ability to work in a private location from home when required.