Senior Corporate Actions Analyst
Our client is searching for a Senior Corporate Actions Analyst for a 6 month Contract in Chicago. The job involves working on a team specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. Ideal candidates will have 5-8 years experience in securities operations environment with team leadership experience preferred. Specific experience in managing short term projects relating to automation, systems upgrades and/or client onboarding preferred. Also direct experience with processing dividends/optional dividends is a plus. Must possess knowledge of self-clearing, securities lending, prime brokerage and market trading practices position processing treatment is a plus.
• Responsible for the daily processing of cash dividends for third party hedge fund administration clients in all global markets.
• Process optional dividend and dividend reinvestment events across client accounts and product types, i.e. cash positions vs. swap positions.
• Manage daily client inquiries and provide training as needed relating to dividend processing
• Research and resolve reconciliation items, either cash or stock, relating to dividend and optional dividend processing.
• Remain current on issues/regulations related to dividends processing
• Suggest, document and participate in process improvements and automation projects
• Train on other desks within the dividend team to provide necessary back-up and coverage
• Assist in user acceptance testing for new projects and initiatives related to new and existing clients
• Knowledge of SWIFT processing desired
• Strong proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word
• Experience with Bloomberg and DTC PTS terminal or web applications
• Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Strong reasoning, organization, planning and leadership abilities
• Ability to be a team player yet comfortable and self-sufficient as an independent worker
• Ability to lead others on the team towards a common project goal