Maintenance Mechanic - Carteret - New Jersey
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Carteret - New Jersey
Location: United States-New Jersey-Carteret
Job Number: 1300992
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, production machines, boilers, pumps, material handling equipment, bulk delivery equipment, and blending/mixing systems.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to Be the Best Beverage Business in theAmericas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
- Analyze mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic or electrical problems and make repairs through adjustments, defective parts replacement, or fabrication.
- Wire moderately complex control circuits.
- Check, wire, and troubleshoot high voltage poly-phase and multi-speed motors. Install all types of conduit runs, EMT, rigid, stainless steel, and plastics.
- Fabricate, repair, and install hangers and all types of piping including hot/cold water, steam, process and condensate, utilizing formulas for all phases.
- Weld various types of metals.
- Machine most metals, plastics, and composites.
- Fabricate or replicate minor pieces for the repair or replacement of parts on equipment.
- Perform all phases of carpentry.
- Make repairs to or replace compressors, evaporators, condensers, driers, valves, lines, Freon levels.
- Identify problems and completes repairs, with minimal downtime or supervision.
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- 2 years of technical training OR 5 years related maintenance experience
- Lift, push, and pull 50 pounds repeatedly
With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in theAmericas. More than 75 percent of the company's overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Mott's, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Rose's, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V