The job you requested, Driver - Residential (Manual), is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Driver - Residential (Manual)
We have a Driver – Residential (Manual) position open in Corpus Christi, TX
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck along residential routes and to disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Lifts and carries residential waste to truck and deposits into compactor.
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to cycle compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors.
- Writes labels and tags unsatisfactory waste containers and/or refuse.
- Cleans up the area around an accidental waste spill.
- Reads route sheet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 75 pounds repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Climb into and out of truck repeatedly throughout the workday.
Experience, Education, Certification - Driver – Residential (Manual):
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Must meet Republic Services Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.