Technician A - $5,000.00 Signing Bonus
Performs repairs and maintenance on alternative fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, drive train, engine and transmission. Diagnoses and repairs tires according to Tire Maintenance Standards.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on alternate fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, maintenance and repair of engines, chassis, driveline, body components, hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
- Overhauls gas or diesel engines.
- Examines protective guards and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Inspects repairs completed by outside vendors and/or manufacturers.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Estimates time and materials required for repairs.
- Diagnoses issues and makes repairs using Service Manuals.
- Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
- Technicians with welding skills may fabricate special shields, attachments, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should click on 'Apply Now'. Be sure to reference JOB ID: # and position title in subject line.
- Either (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 3 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance OR (2) 6 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance.
- DOT Qualifications including Brake Maintenance & Inspections, and Annual Vehicle Inspections.
- Valid driver license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certificate(s).
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge, skill and ability to inspect, diagnose and repair suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, tires, drive train, engine, and transmission.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Customer Service – Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers. Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers.
- Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Republic Services policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Learning Ability – Readily acquires knowledge and skill in concepts and techniques that are n