The Resident Assistant performs the day-to-day activities of care giving in accordance with current regulations governing assisted living communities in the State as instructed by the Executive Director or the designated supervisor in order to assure that the community is clean, safe, and comfortable and to assure that the residents' services and care are provided in a sensitive, professional and effective manner.
- Assist residents with their personal care and activities of daily living as assigned and as requested by residents. These may include but are not limited to changing, dressing, bathing, and toileting residents.
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks as assigned using established procedures and standards. These may include but are not limited to changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, emptying trash cans and cleaning up after accidents occur.
- Assist with food preparation, service and cleanup as directed.
- Perform laundry duties as assigned.
- Respond to resident emergency calls and notify appropriate personnel where necessary.
- Assure that established infection control practices are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the supervisor.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report all burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, and emergency call bells or pendants to the supervisor as soon as possible.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, and follow all fire safety policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and incidents as soon as possible to your supervisor, no matter how minor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of residents' personal care information.
- Honor the residents' personal and property rights.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Participate as assigned in activities, special events, marketing efforts, and special programs.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.