The job you requested, Assistant to the Director, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Assistant Director / Assistant Actuary, Product Research- Boston, MA
Liberty Mutual Insurance
“Helping people live safer, more secure lives” since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company's report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety.
Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
In this role, you will apply your advanced statistical training and experience to sophisticated predictive modeling and analysis projects in personal insurance actuarial.
- Execute all aspects of predictive modeling and other analytic initiatives to address complex business challenges.
- Present methodology and intermediate as well as final results to a broad range of audiences at all levels of the organization. Determine and execute proper implementation strategy.
- Research, recommend, and implement new and/or alternative statistical and other mathematical methodologies appropriate for the given model or analysis.
- Perform data preparation steps, including extraction of target data from multiple databases, integration of multiple datasets, and creation of derived variables, application of business rules, and quality control checks.
- Work with internal customers to gather business requirements and develop specifications for project design, data requests and reports, and to coordinate priorities.
- Work with other departments to coordinate interdepartmental activities and projects.
- Serve project leader for other team members and as peer reviewer for the work of other team members/departments.
- Provide guidance to others in the unit and lead projects. Provide peer oversight to other modeling groups.
- Conducts behavioral interviews.
- May manage college interns.
- May manage technical aspects of vendor relationships.
- Masters in Statistics, or equivalent, plus 4+ years predictive modeling experience required; Insurance experience desirable