The job you requested, Financial Analyst, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning And Analysis
Liberty Mutual Insurance
“Helping people live safer, more secure lives” since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company's report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety.
Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a financial analysis position at Liberty Mutual, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
In this role, you will participate in and manage complex financial analysis, help drive the budgeting and forecasting process, and work on special projects in the Financial Planning and Analysis team with a specific focus on expenses. Using a broad knowledge of financial practices and procedures, you will support Senior Management through development of strategy recommendations and Planning materials, tie operational drivers to expense variances, and deliver on a variety of ad hoc projects centered on the efficiency of spend.
- Perform variance analyses (e.g. plan vs. actual and prior, multi-year trends), develop forecasts, and identify significant items requiring further investigation. Perform follow-up investigation and suggest problem resolution.
- Support various budget and forecast deliverables by working with functional managers to understand changes in business environment. Should be able to articulate and explain how these changes may impact expense growth and apply pressure to SBU expense ratio management initiatives.
- As part of the monthly book close process, prepare and develop both standardized and ad hoc reports and analyses for use by executive team in understanding financial results.
- Obtain required data for analyses from appropriate internal (e.g. general ledger, Planning tools, etc.) or external (e.g. New Business Reports, Marketing Dashboard etc.) sources in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of all reports and analyses produced by maintaining full documentation of recurring job duties as well as data sources and assumptions employed. Reports and analysis should be properly reviewed by peers and managers and include documented sign-off.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to processes, controls and technology systems related to functions being performed.
- 3-5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of financial/analytical experience
- Experience leading financial analysis projects.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Essbase skills
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?