Linux Systems Administrator
DataSphere Technologies is looking for a talented and motivated Linux Systems Administrator for our Platform Services team. You will be responsible for most aspects of our Linux Servers. You will play a key role in scaling our systems to handle large volumes of traffic for our search, storage, and distributed processing platforms.
- Build, maintain and monitor critical infrastructure services on fleet of Linux servers.
- Develop and maintain automation systems to improve Linux administrative efficiency.
- Recommend and implement best practices of capacity planning, disaster recovery, and high-availability solution regarding Linux servers.
- Provide project support for Linux server infrastructure services across production and development environments to developer team.
- Be an escalation contact for critical Linux server production issues.
- Serve in an on-call rotation 4 weeks a year to drive escalation/resolution of critical production issues.
- Maintain documentation and standards on production/development Linux server environments.
- 3-5 years experience with Linux, either in systems administration, or application support.
- Solid understanding of linux command line and OS fundamentals.
- Experience in writing automation scripts and self-service tools.
- Skills in perl, and bash scripting.
- Familiar with scaling, load balancing, storage and network infrastructure.
- Experience in network diagnostic tools.
- Experience with Nagios to monitor Linux servers and software services running on Linux servers.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate within engineering team.
- Experience with CVS, SVN or Git is a plus.
- Experience with mixed OS production environment of Windows, Linux is a plus.
- Experience with managing Solr, Hadoop/Hbase is a plus.
- Experience of automation framework (puppet, chef, or cfengine) is a plus.
- BS or BA from accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
To be successful, you must be self-motivated, work collaboratively with other team members to solve problems, and have a passion for standards-based development. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, a drive to solve large-data problems, and excellent debugging skills to pinpoint and fix root causes of issues.
This is your chance to be a part of an awesome team of people and contribute to an environment focused on continuous innovation, employee ownership and work life balance. If you love a challenge, want to create huge impact, share our 'work hard/play hard' culture, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence, apply for a position with us today!