The .Net Developer will provide technical leadership within the development team; formulate and design system scope and objectives; develop test data for use in unit, integration, and user testing to ensure that application meets application design specifications. In addition, the individual will document program design, perform coding and maintenance to allow future changes for new and existing applications; provide support and enhancements of existing programs; ensure that departmental development standards are followed; assist junior staff members by mentoring or training to develop their skills; assist in system architecting, designing and developing of tiered systems and status reporting of assigned work. Work closely with QA and PM teams.
- Under limited supervision, formulate and design system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify complex information systems programs.
- Design and develop source code to perform the requirements of the application specifications.
- Develop test data for the purpose of testing whether or not the program meets application design specifications.
- Document program design, coding and maintenance to allow for future changes.
- Provide guidance to less experienced programmer/analysts.
- Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department.
- Use sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems.
- Use some independent judgment to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
- 6+ years programming/analysis experience
- Must have experience with industry standard system design and development methods and techniques
- Be a team player that can also work independently with general supervision; be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Experience with implementing SCM practices, automating build processes, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with insurance or financial systems and/or Agile development practices is a plus.
- Technology certifications (i.e. MCSD) are a plus.
This is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Morrisville, NC. Client does not allow posting of salary, but it is market. A local candidate is strongly preferred, but will consider someone able to relocate to Raleigh on their own. No sponsorship available.
Apply for this .Net Developer position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Scott Boren atsboren AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBSB-3512 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… its not about what you know, its about who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether you are a first time job seeker, looking to make a career change or a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…Apply today, and let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you!
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.