Software Engineer - Server Side Java
Seeking Server-Side Java Developers, including possible Senior Developer roles, to help design and implement next-generation of cloud-based technology. These developers will be part of the new cloud services development center and will help to design and implement a secure, scalable, fault-tolerant, cloud-based web architecture that will serve as the underpinning for a new generation of products and services.
As the staff is built out, youll enjoy some of the perks you often dream of but rarely find in todays job market, including
- Challenging problems to solve
- A team of talented co-workers who can help you solve them
- Flexible work environments that cater to your changing needs, including collaboration rooms, open clusters of desks, lounge seating, walled offices, etc.
- Freedom to choose your own computing platform (OS, tools, etc.)
- Competitive salary/benefits
- A role in one of Forbes Top 10 Small Companies
The Right Software Engineer Will Be
This role wont be right for just anyone. For this role, the right software engineer will be
- A stand-out developer. You are the person that everyone else is always asking for help/advice.
- A proven producer. You can give us a list of URLs that are big websites that you had a hand in building to scale.
- Knowledgeable of existing technologies, passionate about new technologies, and experienced to know when to recommend which ones for which jobs.
- An effective generalist across technologies outside your specific domain of expertise, including databases, mobile apps, interfacing with legacy technologies, cross-browser support, or other appropriate, adjacent areas.
Responsibilities Of The Software Engineer
- Design & implementation of rock-solid and performance web applications
- Understand, use and champion development best practices
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution, when appropriate
- Taking ownership of features beginning to end, from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
Requirements Of The Software Engineer
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience in Java with most recent year in server-side development
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability/availability in distributed systems
- Familiarity with HTML-serving technologies (any two or more of Web MVC frameworks, RESTful interfaces, templating libraries, or related technologies)
- Familiarity with back-end services (any two or more of SOA, RESTful interfaces, NoSQL, RDBMS, or related technologies)
- Familiarity with Publish/Subscribe message brokers
- Reference-able skills in tiered application development
- Reference-able skills in selecting, deploying, configuring and using Java app servers (any of Tomcat, Jetty, WAS, WebLogic or similar)
- Experience in Linux operating environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
The Software Engineer is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Durham, NC. Target salary range is open as client would like to see all resumes. A local candidate is strongly preferred but client will consider people able to relocate themselves to Durham.No sponsorship available.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume toBruce Rennert atbrennert AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBBR-3656 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase…its not about what you know, its about who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about whoweknow.
Whether you are a first time job seeker, looking to make a career change or a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…Apply today, and let HireNetworks putournetworks to work for you!
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.