As the staff is built out, youll enjoy some of the perks you often dream of but rarely find in todays job market, including
- Challenging problems to solve
- A team of talented co-workers who can help you solve them
- Flexible work environments that cater to your changing needs, including collaboration rooms, open clusters of desks, lounge seating, walled offices, etc.
- Freedom to choose your own computing platform (OS, tools, etc.)
- Competitive salary/benefits
- A role in one of Forbes Top 10 Small Companies
The Right Software Engineer Will Be
This role wont be right for just anyone. For this role, the right software engineer will be
- A solid, proven developer. You know your stuff and your peers know that you know your stuff.
- A user-centric designer. You can give us a list of URLs that present user interfaces that you built and take pride in. Your UIs are recognizable by their straight-forward approaches and elegant designs. You understand the tasks and workflows that users are trying to accomplish when using your interfaces and you make difficult decisions on their behalf.
- Knowledgeable of existing technologies, passionate about new technologies, and experienced to know when to use the right tool for the job.
- An effective generalist across technologies outside your specific domain of expertise, including databases, mobile apps, interfacing with legacy technologies, etc.
Responsibilities Of The Software Engineer
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers/Architects to establish the requirements for your user interface, often working from wireframes, mock-ups, or prototypes.
- Analyze UI requirements for completeness, unexpected impacts, and potential user-impacting concerns.
- Drive UI requirements through to an implementation-ready specification, complete with accurate sizing estimates and task breakdowns
- Work closely with QA / Test team members to help them understand the implications of your UI implementation, how best they can test it, and what areas may require specific focus
- Build UIs with anticipation of automated testing leveraging tools like Selenium, etc.
- Work closely with UI/UX and web architecture teams to enable performant, near-real-time updates to the browser with responsive rendering to the end user
- Own given features/pages beginning to end, from mockups & design documents/reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
Requirements Of The Software Engineer
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience with 2 most recent years building web-based UIs. 5 years of experience preferred.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies, including SOA, RESTful interfaces, tiered application development, Java app servers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.), SQL, NoSQL (Hadoop, Redis, Couchbase, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiar with push-based notification architectures and the supporting transport technologies.
- Understanding of performance trade-offs in web applications and how the distribution of the V' in MVC' can impact performance.
- Experience with server-side Java technologies, with Spring MVC preferred.
- Experience in Linux operating environments desired.
- Experience in cloud-environments (AWS, OpenStack, etc., with an initial preference for AWS) preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building hybrid HTML5 UIs for mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) preferred
- Experience working in a start-up (or similar) environment preferred
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
The Software Engineer opportunity is direct hire with a client of ours in Durham, NC. Target salary range is open as client would like to see all resumes. A local candidate is strongly preferred but client will consider people who are able to relocate themselves to Durham. No sponsorship available.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Judy Protz atjprotz AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBJP-3655 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… its not about what you know, its about who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether you are a first time job seeker, looking to make a career change or a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…Apply today, and let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you!
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.