READ, READ READ READ THIS CREDENTIAL!!!!!
Valid Twic Credentialspreferred
Security Officer Description
Under direct supervision, patrols assigned area to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Will be providing escorts. Controls and monitors access ingress and egress out of assigned site and monitors burglar and fire alarm systems as required.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services as necessary.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate;Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or call box lights to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports and notifications to off site security director.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
VALID TWIC CREDENTIALSPreferred
High school diploma or GED with at least 6 months of security experience and at least 3-6 years of working experience. Must have a clean criminal background, no felonies or misdemeanors in your past. Must be drug free. You will be given a drug screen. You will need to pass 8 hours of orientation/training. You must have your own transportation. Applicants must have flexibility to work any shift and weekends as required.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork