The job you requested, UNIX Systems Administration, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Systems Administrator (SysOps)
Opportunity to join our small, growing development team in systems administration for Goodreads, a top tier site. We are a US Top 100 site.
Our servers handle millions of requests per day and are highly virtualized. We've have 4 cabinets with 60+ physical machines (and hundreds of virtuals). Our data center is in SoMa (within walking distance of our office).
- Maintaining Server Hardware
- Capacity analysis and planning
- Performance monitoring and scaling
- Building Automation
- Increasing redundancy
- Server/Data Center Procurement
- Email deliverability
- Monitoring and Alerts
- Database administration and scaling
- Strong Unix/Linux system administration skill set
- Must love working with servers
- Scripting mastery
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Technologies We Use
Centos xen kvm puppet nginx haproxy mysql memcache zenoss ruby rails yum IPMI redis hadoop git
- Collaborative, friendly and fun
- See your work appreciated by millions
- Agile, fast paced release cycle
- Apply open source, cutting edge technology with continual learning opportunities
- Work with bright, talented colleagues
- Great location: Downtown San Francisco (Near Market and 1st Streets and near BART)
Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. The site has 16 million members who have added more than 530 million books to their shelves and written more than 23 million reviews. Loved by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine; share ratings and recommendations; track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where more than 68,000 authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of (AMZN) Amazon.com, Inc.