The Professional Group(www.professional1.com) is seekingan exceptional Industrial Engineer for its client LAN Cargo.
LAN Airlines ('LAN') is one of the leading airlines in Latin America, with passenger and cargo business operations.
LAN Cargo is the largest Latin American cargo holding company, providing air transport to more than 50 destinations in 20 countries with a focus on Latin America. LAN Cargo is one of the most important business units within the LAN Holding and its growth is the result of the companys commitment to provide customers personalized solutions that meet the highest quality service standards.
The main objective of this position is to optimize the resources of Cargo fleet operations, comply with the quality and service standards and contribute with the maximization of the companys margin. These objectives must be achieved through an exhaustive analysis and high interaction with the technical, commercial and operational areas of the company.
Some Of The Major Responsibilities Of This Person Are
- Analyze the demand and market to determine the best scheduling of the fleet.
- Gather and analyze information from the commercial and operational areas, in order to create an optimum route plan for the aircrafts.
- Control the load factor and the profitability associated to the cargo and passenger flights.
- Monitor and revise several indicators to assure the proper service to the clients and optimization of resources.
- Process analysis and improvement.
- Perform other activities of similar nature according to the needs of the department.
Strong analytical skills, communication, ability to work under pressure, high initiative and decision-making skills are key competences to succeed in this position.
- Bachelor in Industrial Engineer (or any other Engineering degree).
- Up to 4 years of work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, what if scenarios, charts, etc.). Access is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages is a must.
- Fluency in Portuguese is a plus.