The job you requested, Benefits Coordinator, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
The Spence School, founded in 1892, is an independent school for girls and young women with an enrollment of 720 students in Grades K–12, with a commitment to academic excellence within a diverse community.
The School is seeking an experienced Payroll and Benefits Coordinator to manage all payroll functions and the administration of employee benefits programs. Working with the Business Office team, and reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the coordinator will process the monthly and biweekly payrolls. The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator also manages all payroll/ benefits changes, reporting, reconciliations and audits, and serves as the primary contact for all employees, responding to payroll and employee benefits inquiries.
- Prepares and coordinates biweekly and monthly payrolls for over 200 exempt and non-exempt, part-time, adjunct and temporary employees using ADP payroll software;
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws as well as tax filings and proper deductions;
- Administers all employee benefit programs including retirement, health and welfare plans, and ensures compliance with legal requirements;
- Prepares letters of employment, oversees pre-employment background checks and generates Head of School's cover letter and compensation statements for all employees;
- Manages all unemployment, disability and workers compensation claims. Serves as FMLA and COBRA coordinator;
- Maintains all employee files and ensures proper documentation is completed for employees;
- Serves as the primary source for employee data for internal directory listing, and updating of annual print and online directories
- Assists with general and retirement plan audits;
- Completes surveys and reports as needed;
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees and serves as primary contact for payroll and benefit related issues;
- Assists with annual updating/editing of employee handbook; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience processing payroll and administering employee benefit programs
- Proficient in ADP PayExpert, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in working well with multiple constituencies
Must be available to start position June 10, 2013