The job you requested, Fleet Support Technical Lead Engineer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Technical Lead – Petrotechnical Application Support
Job Title: Technical Lead – Petrotechnical Application Support
Requisition Number: 032228532
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical Lead, Petrotechnical Application Support, located in Houston, Texas.
The Petrotechnical Application Services team is responsible for Chevron's largest consolidated Upstream Linux application environment including, Deepwater Exploration and Projects, Mid-Continent Business Unit, Energy Technology Company (ETC), and Houston based international exploration and development asset teams. This role provides support and technical direction for ETC Technical Computing (TC) Geology and Geophysics (G&G) applications in a Linux Environment.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical work direction for a team of 3 contractors and 1 employee.
- Troubleshoot Application issues.
- Assist our Release Management team with new software releases.
- Maintain the backup and recovery procedures for applications.
- Ensure alignment with other support groups(e.g., Information Technology Service Management, Service Excellence for IT, etc.).
- Help maintain global support Service Catalogue.
- Plan and Execute Knowledge Management activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or Geoscience related discipline.
- Ability to build close relationships with all ETC TC application support teams as well as the Business Units and software vendors.
- Strong analytic, communication and organizational skills.
- A Master's Degree in a Computer Science or Geoscience related discipline.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required Discipline
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: No