Job Title: Development Geologist
Requisition Number: 006427123
Job is available in these locations: Bakersfield, California, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production is accepting online applications for the position of Development Geologist, located in Bakersfield, California.
This position is for an experienced development geologist on a multi-functional team with co-located reservoir engineers, geologists, facilities engineers and technician. Position provides subsurface geological support for drilling programs in fields in the San Joaquin Valley. Key geologic work involves subsurface reservoir characterization, complex well path planning, analysis of remaining oil in place, reservoir modeling, selecting, planning and executing new wells to support year round drilling programs. Position requires person with strong geologic foundational and development geology skills, team skills and ability to mentor less experienced geologists on the team. Working knowledge of Petrel and Geolog is preferred. Candidate will be expected to use PC and LINUX based well-log, mapping, cross-section, 3D modeling and apply these tools in a fit-for-purpose fashion in a field with thousands of wells with diverse data (openhole, cased hole, core, and surveillance) and decades of production history.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Lead small team within functional discipline; provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced and early career Earth Scientists.
- Participate in capital project planning and implementation.
- Cooperate with operations and production engineers, asset development teams, operators and other technical personnel to maximize economic production, as well as assist in the execution of asset development plans.
- Assess reservoir characterization OIP volumes and reservoir quality via mapping and generation of 3D earth models utilizing log, core, surveillance, production, and other data.
- A Master's Degree in Geology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant Development Geology experience; or a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant Development Geology experience may be considered.
- Strong geologic foundational and development geology skills, team skills and ability to mentor less experienced geologists on the team.
- Development geology experience with steam floods and/or waterflood experience.
- Working knowledge of Petrel and Geolog is preferred.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Education Required Discipline
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes