Engineer - Manufacturing
Auto req ID 29563BR
Employment / Assignment Type Regular
About us Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions as well as all production of Volvo, Renault, Mack and UD trucks. Group Trucks Operations also includes spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as logistics.
Position: Engineer - Manufacturing
Reports To: Manager - Focused Improvement
Manage and drive a continuous improvement philosophy, utilizing the tools of the Volvo Production System and other lean initiatives to meet present and future demands.
Assure that processes are developed that meet and exceed expectations with respect to quality, cost and reliability.
To provide leadership and guidance across a sectional level in the manufacturing engineering business functions by dealing directly and forthrightly with production, quality assurance, production and material control, industrial development, business process/logistics, human resources, finance, and maintenance as required.
Serve in a leadership role within a specialized area of
- Own and drive the focused improvement and work place organization pillars within the Volvo Production System.
- Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling
- Recognize human capabilities and limitations through ergonomic principles.
- Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost, and with flexibility for product and volume changes.
- Perform Benchmarking within the manufacturing engineering area.
- Represent the company in different external assignments.
- Develop plans to secure production capacity.
- Develop and train engineers providing for qualified staff and future opportunities.
- Assist with VPS continuous improvements. Lead VPS focused improvements.
- Utilize experiences from current production into new product- and industrial projects.
- Provide a work environment that is aligned with the Volvo Way.
- Analytical Skills:
Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Problem-Solving/Decision-Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Quality Advocate: Strive for the continuous improvement. Working knowledge of Toyoda Production Systems manufacturing system is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Once applicable VPT systems are learned, must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Minimum Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree and two years technical experience in a manufacturing environment, MBA preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer