Audit Manager - Benefits Plan Manager
Title: Audit Manager - Benefits Plan Manager
Other Locations: null
AUDIT MANAGER – Benefits Plan Manager for Professional Services Firm
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes. Ultimately, we see our audit as more than just numbers and compliance. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business. We consider it our job to keep our clients informed all year long of accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
At Grant Thornton, our benefit plan practice professionals specialize in the audit and compliance needs of employee benefit plans of all sizes, including many of the largest in the nation.Our approach focuses on the complexities created when more than one party is involved in the plan's operations, including internal departments and third party service providers.Join our team and team with partners that are providing benefit plan industry leadership by serving on the executive committees of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center and the AICPA Employee Benefits Expert Panel.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 plusyears of progressive benefit plan audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Active CPA license required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Travel Percentage Up to 10%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles.For a complete list of benefits please visithttp://www.gt.com/.
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.