Lead Experience Designer
Title: Lead Experience Designer
Location: United States of America-California-Santa Monica
Other Locations:Experience Designer, Y! News
Yahoo! is looking for an exceptional Experience Designer to join the Yahoo! News Design team. This team's charter is to define and design the user experience across a variety of editorial and content initiatives – from baseline research to full execution and production. We have a collaborative, innovative culture, where you will be working closely with other experience designers, user experience researchers, prototypers, product managers and technologists to define the Yahoo! News user experience.
We are looking for someone with the talent to create elegant designs, the skills to participate throughout the product development process, and the passion to help us create innovative experiences for our users.
The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated, creative professional, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. This is an active hands-on role that will require a designer who can solve visual and interaction design challenges but is also capable of taking active design direction. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate their ideas to designers, product managers and developers. The candidate must have an extremely developed sense of design and impeccable attention to detail.
- Producing innovative yet intuitive design solutions that address complex consumer, editorial and marketing needs
- Rapidly developing pixel-accurate visual mockups, final design assets and functional spec documentation
- Working closely with the Engineering and QA teams to support UX implementation efforts
- Must demonstrate outstanding talent, creativity and design sensibility
- 5 years of designing consumer focused, media rich web UX
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
- Proven experience visualizing complex data sets
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expert-level proficiency in Photoshop. Advanced level skills in Illustrator. Also desired, but not required: experience with Omnigraffle and InDesign
- Solid understanding of mobile trends and technologies, focused on smart phones and tablets
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies
- HTML/CSS prototyping skills a plus