Front End Engineer - News
Title: Front End Engineer - News
Location: United States of America-California-Sunnyvale
Thinking about getting your masterpiece used and beloved by more than half a million users every day and around the world? Yahoo! News, the world's most read on-line News site, is where you can show case to millions of users as they come to us every day to explore things that matter to them most.
The Yahoo!News engineering team islooking for top talent to help us create the next generation ofonline Newsexperiences forourconsumers and advertisers across the globe.
This position is a great opportunity to advance the state of the art in Internet technologies, and to learn to design and operate part of the biggest information and communication systems in the world.
Your major responsibility is to design highly reliable, scalable, extensible, maintainable, and operable systems. You will be working closely with interaction designers, visual designers, software engineers and product managers to define and build the next generation of media products leveraging underlying cloud and data systems.
- BS/MS Computer Science
- 5 years of industry experience using latest web technologies
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-driven/table less HTML layouts, DHTML, cross-browser compatibility and browser degradation strategies
- Strong command of server-side scripting and template usage like PHP, Perl, JSP, ASP, or other similar scripting languages
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed), dynamic content retrieval, state management, accessibility techniques, device-portability techniques, internationalization issues.
- Experience working with YUI, Dojo, JQuery, or Prototype to build production web applications
- Deep understanding of OOP and event-driven programming
- Knowledge of Apache and HTTP, state management, and dynamic content retrieval
- Experience developing and deploying highly efficient, scalable server-side applications