Clinical Nurse Educator
Title: Clinical Nurse Educator
Location: Longview, WA
Department: 8670-Education Clinical
Work Hours: 8am - 5pm, variable
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024767
Salary Range: $37.23 - $55.84
PeaceHealth, St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington is seeking candidates for a 32 hour per week, clinical nurse educator position. Will primarily provide supprt to our maternal child services staff, in our state of art, birth center with 14 LDRPs, 3 Triage bays, and 6 bed Nursery. Will also work collaboratively with our clinical education team to support organization wide needs, including but not limited to, initial nursing staff orientation and development.
Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the region and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes. Strives for evidence-based and standardized nursing practice.
- Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
- Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
- Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
- Researches best practice in order to promote evidence-based nursing practice.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- MSN or similar degree preferred.
- Two years recent experience in an education setting to varied audiences or demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in maternal child services.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the Washington required.
- Current NRP (neonatal resucitation program) completion card requirement at the time of hire.
- NRP instructor required within on year of hire.
- Certification as a perinatal nurse and / or Nursing Professional Development preferred.
Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
key words: educator; nurse educator; RN; Clinical educator; clinical nurse specialist; Registered Nurse, BSN,