EPIC - Credentialed Educator
Title: EPIC - Credentialed Educator
Location: Vancouver, WA
Department: 9281-AMB Electronic Health Record
Work Hours: 8-5
Work Days: M-F
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024273
Salary Range: $19.96 - $29.94
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A BENEFITED, LIMITED-TERM DURATION POSITION EXPECTED TO LAST UP TO 18 MONTHS OR LONGER. THIS POSITION REQUIRES FREQUENT TRAVEL (UP TO 70%). CURRENT PEACEHEALTH CAREGIVERS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO RELOCATE TO VANCOUVER - THEY WILL WORK OUT OF THEIR CURRENT REGION WHEN NOT TRAVELING.
PeaceHealth is currently looking for an outstandingCREDENTIALED EDUCATOR - EPICto join our Ambulatory Health Record team!We have several benefited, limited-term duration Credentialed Educator - Epic positions available to support PHMG Clinic Care Transformation in Registration/Scheduling, Ambulatory Rooming and Visit Encounters (Clinical Back Office), and Professional Billing and Charge Capture.The Credentialed Educator - Epic is responsible for coordinating and delivering education for a defined population or specialized subject experts, under the direction of the of the Epic Education Manager and Instructional Designer - Epic. The Educator integrates the learning needs of the participants into the instruction process. This person is responsible for the developing and mentoring of Super Users, providing at-the-elbow support. The Credentialed Educator - Epic assesses caregiver and leadership knowledge, skill, and satisfaction and works with Epic Instructional Designers to evaluate impact and identify mitigation strategies for improvement. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Teaches identified courses for a defined population or in a specialized content area. Delivers specialized content to support individual, department, and/or system goals.
- Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations.
- Creates measures of caregiver proficiency/competence and documentation of training, including quality assurance and follow-up activities.
- Evaluates, revises, and documents improvements to current program. Submits and updates course documentation.
- Supports Instructional Designers to update and maintain appropriate instructor manuals, educational materials, job aids, and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- In concert with Instructional Designer, helps to facilitate regional Super User education in Epic curriculum, knowledge transfer, and at-the-elbow support skills.
- Create educational resources.
- Supports learners at-the-elbow.
- Trends gaps in learners' knowledge.
- Mentors Super Users to improve knowledge and skill.
- Support regional departments to promote sharing, collaboration, to support organizational strategies, and meet educational needs.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training development, competency validation, and documentation.
- Provides data to document attendance and/or validate proficiency and competency towards Care Transformation educational goals and objectives.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluate education effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Master's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or similar area strongly preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse or certified as a Medical Assistant is strongly preferred.EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Three years educating experience preferred, preferably in healthcare.
- One year Physician Clinic Office experience preferred.
- Experience in a large or multi-campus organization preferred.
- Experience in Epic software preferred.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Certification or additional training in adult learning, instructional design, or human performance improvement preferred.
- Credentialing in an assigned application module curriculum and classroom facilitation skills will be required within 3 months of hire.OTHER SKILLS:
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.