Business Lead, Tesoro High Plains Pipeline
Title: Business Lead, Tesoro High Plains Pipeline
Location: United States-North Dakota-Bismarck-Mandan
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products, through our subsidiaries operate seven refineries, more than 1,200 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 5,500 employees.
Tesoro Logistics LP is a growth-oriented partnership formed to own, operate, develop and acquire crude oil and refined products logistics assets. Our logistics assets are integral to the success of Tesoro Corporation's refining and marketing operations and are used to gather, transport and store crude oil and to distribute, transport and store refined products. Our initial assets consist of a crude oil gathering system, refined products terminals, a crude oil and refined products storage facility and related short-haul pipelines.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Tesoro High Plains Pipeline (THPP) Business Lead serves as the Tesoro Logistics liaison between Tesoro High Plains Pipeline and corporate operations and provides corporate with critical insight from the field in analyzing operations, financial performance, capital project development, and business growth plans. This position works closely with Tesoro Logistics corporate staff to provide input and analyze actual results and business performance, with business development to identify, scope and deliver business development opportunities, and with local management to develop business improvements.
The Business Lead is the primary field operations point of contact for the Tesoro Logistics business development group, and works closely with business development to identify, scope, and implement new growth opportunities and operational improvements for pipeline and trucking operations. This position also serves as the field liaison to the Tesoro Logistics engineering group for preliminary evaluation of growth projects and provides field input to individual project scope and design documents.
This highly visibly position is critical to an accurate understanding of the actual financial performance of the business, identification of areas of operational improvement, potential growth and development opportunities, and ensuring that projects meet business requirements and operational parameters.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Partner with business development to identify, scope, and implement new growth opportunities
- Provide monthly P&L analysis and financial performance results to Logistics management for both the pipeline and trucking segments to evaluate profitability, ensuring accuracy of revenues and expenses.
- Support Corporate Analytics group by providing analyses of past operating results and forecasts of future performance.
- Provide input, support development and implement operational business improvement programs for increasing efficiency of pipeline and trucking operations.
- Coordinate development of the THPP expense and capital budget and provide input and support for developing THPP long range business plans.
- Develop initial ideas for potential business development projects.
Candidates considered for this position MUST have a minimum 5 years of progressively responsible liquid petroleum pipeline, terminal and trucking operations experience including responsibility for financial performance. An undergraduate degree in engineering, business, other relevant discipline is required, but equivalent professional training or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise and successful history of managing pipeline, terminal and trucking operations and P&L performance.
- Knowledge of all state and federal agency compliance requirements for liquid petroleum pipeline, terminal and trucking operations, including FMCSA and PHMSA regulations.
- Outgoing personality with exceptional communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with and present to a variety of stakeholders at many levels.
- Leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and bring consensus from competing viewpoints.
- Ability to speak up with conviction and contribute to discussion when taking a position.
- Self motivated and self directed, with demonstrated ability to succeed with little supervision or day to day direction.
- Computer proficiency with exceptional MS Office skills.