Mechanic - Pipeline, Terminals & Trucking - Roosevelt, UT
Title: Mechanic - Pipeline, Terminals & Trucking - Roosevelt, UT
Location: United States-Utah-Roosevelt
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we, through our subsidiaries, operate seven refineries, more than 900 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 5,200 employees.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Roosevelt System consists of a crude trucking operation that gathers crude oil and condensate from field locations and LACT units then transports the product to Western Colorado, Myton or Salt Lake City, Utah. We currently operate 13 transports out of Roosevelt Utah. This mechanic position provides daily preventative and corrective maintenance on our fleet of transports and pickups. This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and repair of our crude oil transport fleet and vehicles in the Roosevelt location, but will also perform on call and emergency maintenance on these vehicles.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair crude oil transport trucks, tankers, semi-trailers and light vehicles.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned vehicles and/or equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air filter changes, power steering service, suspension system, PTO's, locking rear-ends, Roper pumps, brakes, wheel bearings and hubs, electrical system service and any other miscellaneous maintenance activities as needed.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils, lubricants, shop supplies.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker certifications, inspections and documentation.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs on fleet vehicles.
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work performed on transport vehicles.
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all DOT requirements.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2 year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years of professional mechanic or technician experience related to diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple and LCV (Long Combination Vehicle) endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly desired.