Construction Manager (Bridges)
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, our client is the countrys leading provider of performance-based highway asset maintenance management services. Our client offers governmental and transportation agencies a common sense approach to effectively maintaining transportation infrastructure on ever-shrinking budgets.
By integrating the principles of solid business management, technology, and engineering, our client offers improved transportation infrastructure and proven cost savings from 10-20% on current maintenance expenditures.
Mission Statement: We maintain focus on customer service our client strives to excel at managing the assets of the U.S. transportation network through contracts with local, state and federal government agencies. We guarantee that we will meet or exceed our clients performance standards. Many of our clients can expect to see a 10-20% cost savings on current maintenance expenditures.
This is a great opportunity for a Construction Manager. Candidates must have at least 10 years of progressive experience in small bridge construction and maintenance. This position requires substantial experience in the analysis, design, and construction of all types of steel and concrete bridges. Also requires five or more years of experience with complex bridge rehabilitation or replacement projects in Virginia. Responsibilities include the design of highway structures and the supervision of professional and technical staff assigned in the preparation of designs and project documents. In addition, the candidate will need to manage projects, engage in client development, project pursuits, preparation of proposals and presentation materials. Strong technical knowledge as well as excellent communication writing skills are required. Experience with special bridge types such as movable bridges, cable stayed girder bridges, and truss bridges are a plus.
- Coordinating and managing operations managers, contractors, administration, and field personnel
- Overall responsibility and leadership for small bridge construction
- Experience in managing/supervising bridge construction and rehabilitation projects
- Scheduling and planning of construction activities
- Meeting performance based contract requirements
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, standards and contracts
- Ability to set project budgets and then forecast/adjust them monthly
- Knowledge and ability to set project schedules using schedule software, set earning values and ensure that milestones are being met to owners requirements
- Computer literate with Work, Outlook and Primavera and or MS Project
- Able to interact with various different owners representative
- VDOT and or NCDOT experience are required
- Ability to deal with conflict, confrontation and resolution
- Position will require travel / Main office in Roanoke
- Substantial knowledge of Contract Administration
- Bridge knowledge and construction management a requirement.
- Ability to manage crews and personnel issues, including hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluations and training
- Ability to clearly communicate with client, public, media, engineers and subcontractors verbally and in writing
- Perform inspections and condition assessments
- Ability to create technical reports