The job you requested, CNA / Certified Nursing Assistant for Nursing Home, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA
Careline Services, a healthcare staffing service provider, is seeking Certified Nursing Assistants to do per diem assignment in a nursing home in Woodside, NY or Bronx, NY and in other facilities in various parts of New Jersey.
- Taking vitals (blood-pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration). Taking the patient's vitals can range from taking them once a shift on a Rehab floor, to three times a shift on a Telemetry floor, to every 15 minutes post-operatively on a surgical patient according to protocol (established procedures).
- Measuring statistics. Recording intake and output, height, and weigh.
- Obtaining routine lab samples not requiring laboratory personnel.
- Helping patients with ADLs (activities of daily living) for which they need assistance, such as bathing, combing hair, brushing teeth, shaving, putting on stockings and/or slippers, dressing, ambulation, and toileting.
- Helping patients with equipment for their treatment such as anti-embolism stockings, bladder scanner, intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) devices, etc. as well as helping patients to move, transfer from bed to chair, or transporting them to other departments for testing or treatment.
- Infection control. Every medical employee is responsible for infection control, but because of the constant contact the CNA has with patients, it is critical for the CNA to know and follow proper protocol in avoiding the spread of germs and spores which transport disease.
- Observation and reporting. Observing the patient and surroundings assists the nurse to assess the progress of the patient as well as any needs the patient might have for medical intervention. The certified nursing assistant will also observe and remove any potential hazards which could cause accidents.
Keywords: CNA, CNA, CNA, CNA, CNA
Qualified Certified Nursing Assistants Should Have The Following
- 1 year current experience
- BLS - Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Current NY License
- Current annual physical
- Drug screen
- N95 Mask Fit Test