Home Care Nurse ( Rn Or Lpn ) - On Call Night Shift
Why We Love Our Work...
Homecare is the fastest growing segment of health care. And Great Lakes Caring is driving superior quality home health care and hospice across the Midwest. Every day, Great Lakes nurses make a difference—bringing compassion, exceptional care, patient education and state-of-the-art technologies to the homes of thousands of patients.
Great Lakes nurses excel at hands-on care and extraordinary caring with an unsurpassed commitment to clinical excellence. They are immensely valued and sincerely respected. They are reliable and self-motivated. Their compassionate care is unsurpassed—from developing high quality care plans to building relationships between physicians, families, patients and their fellow caregivers in all disciplines. Their opinions and input matter. Great Lakes nurses make a difference every day.
A few great Benefits of a Great Lakes Career...
- Freedom and independence in your day-to-day work activities
- Excellent competitive compensation
- Industry-unique NURSECAR™ program or travel reimbursement
- Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) mobile device
- Outstanding opportunities for career growth, education, professional credentialing and advancement
- Unwavering support from an award-winning team of health care professionals and clinicians
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and much more
As a Great Lakes Nurse, you will...
Spend more quality time with patients: assess their needs, oversee their care plan and ensure their medical goals are achieved
- Maintain peace of mind knowing that Great Lakes embraces and is nationally recognized for regulatory compliance throughout the company
- Develop and maintain quality communication between patients, physicians, case managers, Great Lakes personnel, caregivers, and families
- Document patient treatments, needs and progress with accuracy and clarity
- Educate and instruct home health aides, caregivers and family members on treatments, outcomes and resources
- Play an important part in care conferences, offering insight and clinical suggestions
- Show patience and understanding, but also use time effectively
- Stay informed of state, federal, local and privatized health care requirements and policies
- Continue to grow professionally through ongoing educational programs
A Story That Starts From The Heart
Great Lakes is dedicated to its talented health care professionals, because it was started by a homecare nurse. As a nurse, Cheri Lyn Deary recognized a need for comprehensive, high quality home health care options. With her passion for uncompromising, superior quality of care, she established groundbreaking standards in home health. That was back in 1994. Today, Great LakesCaring is nationally recognized for its superior quality of care in the home and an extraordinary future for its employees.
We'd Love To Hear From You!
For more information about a career as a nurse at Great Lakes, please email or contact our Talent Acquisition Department at 517-780-9500.
Great Lakes Caring is an equal opportunity employer.
- On call night shift available
(7 days on/7 days off)
- Diploma, Associate or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurselicensure
- Valid drivers license and automobile insurance
- Minimum one year nursing experience, preferably in homecare
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Careerbuilder related keywords: registered nurse, registered nursing, rn, r.n., nurse, nursing, nurses, nurse's, homecare, home care, home health care, home healthcare, assisted living, hospice, seniorcare, senior care, eldercare, elder care