Parts and Repair Product Manager
Responsible for talking to customers and soliciting, processing and quoting repair jobs and replacement parts for Chemical Equipment and Systems and coordinate with Product Manager to quote new equipment as required. Parts and Repair Product Manager must work with and through Production to review the inspection and/or evaluation of repairs and insure repairs and parts are processed in a timely manner. Knowledge of graphite and reactive metals is a plus.
On A Daily Basis, The Employee Must Be Able To
- Communicate effectively on the phone and in person as well as be able to present in front of groups of people.
- Read equipment drawings.
- Lookup, learn and recognize the components of all Chemical Equipment and Systems.
- Learn to recognize modes of failure and corrective actions of Chemical Equipment.
- Properly identify the correct parts needed for replacement or repair.
- Learn the needs of customers to determine what they really want.
- Use knowledge of Chemical Equipment to recommend upgrades.
- Act as an interface between Sales, Production and the Customer to communicate what needs to be repaired and/or replaced and relay any issues among the group.
- Issue quotations for parts and repairs based upon accepted company guidelines.
- Act as an advocate for the customer to insure jobs are being completed in a timely manner.
- Use the order entry system.
- Meet Departmental and Corporate objectives
- Command of standard office software.
On An As Needed Basis, The Employee Must
- Back up the Product Manager - for new equipment request and/or parts and component for new equipment quotes.
- Learn how to break down component costs of new equipment to be able to issue new equipment quotes under the supervision of the Product Manager or Sales Manager
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree in Engineering with two to three years of sales experience preferred, two year associates degree and 5-8 years of sales experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read/write clearly in English. Other languages, especially Spanish a plus. Employee must be able to comprehend, describe and explain chemical equipment parts and instructions as well as clearly write those explanations to internal and external customers. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions ranging from hot to cold, dry to wet; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.