Night Grocery Manager
The Night Manager provides excellent guest satisfaction through the management and leadership of all store employees. This will be done by maintaining high standards of quality, variety, selection, food safety and sanitation for all products produced and sold in the store, including full preparation of the store for business the next day. This is to be accomplished in accordance with Piggly Wiggly's policy on business ethics through consistent and honest dealings with employees, vendors, guests, and all outside parties, quickly processing sales efficiently, operation of computer systems, safeguarding Company assets, and thoroughly completion of all closing procedures.
In absence of store management personnel, this position must always be prepared and able to handle the store and all its operations as if part of their regular responsibilities.
- Provide service the Pig Way by ensuring each guest receives quality service by providing a friendly environment, initiating contact by asking if they are finding everything or how you can help them, having a solid product knowledge, and thanking them for shopping at the Pig.
- Ensuring compliance of all employees in providing service the Pig Way, including applying the Ten Foot Rule, initiating contact, maintaining adequate product levels, a clean store and bathrooms, and thanking guests for shopping at the Pig.
- Maintain awareness of and promote advertisements, promotions, and Company programs while also making sure all employees are aware of and promoting the same.
- Ensuring thorough completion of store closing procedures, including floor sweeping and scrubbing, cashier and clerk nightly assignments, locking store, walking store to identify and correct any out of place items or areas of cleaning, and bathroom cleanliness.
- Compliance with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, sales, record-keeping, and deposit procedures.
- Achieve and maintain a safe and clean working environment for personnel through safety awareness and training, well maintained equipment, and sanitary conditions in compliance with Company standards, state, and federal regulations.
- Be aware of and sensitive to waiting guests, minimizing the delays, and acknowledging their patience and presence.
- Supervision of, orienting, training, coaching, and managing all front-end personnel in execution of daily activities
- Achievement of effective coordination of production, merchandising and sales through on-going planning, direction, communication, goal-setting, brainstorming and teamwork.
- Maintain the Pig Way service through use of the PA system and Phone.
- Achievement of a Pig Way Store and Front-End Atmosphere where the guest feels welcome through proper use of the PA and phone systems, ensuring an orderly appearance of inventories, aisles, and front-end all with adequate supplies, and through friendly, professional communication with guest service and to resolve any dissatisfaction.
- Ordering, unloading, transporting, and stocking inventories to maintain appropriate product levels and minimize shrink.
- Prompt reporting to Store Management any guest situations that cannot be fully handled at this level.
- Oversee compliance of store employees with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, sales, and record-keeping.
- Perform store walks at a minimum of twice during a shift, once at the beginning and once at the end of shift.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by Store Operator.
- Ability to work varied hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays, including closing the store and being available for opening store if needed
- Ability to merchandise and manage store operations and staff effectively, including developing employees, building relationships, fully utilizing employee skills, and ensuring national and regional compliance with policies and procedures are being executed properly
- Ability to manage night-shift operations effectively
- Ability to process information thoroughly and quickly to make prompt, effective decisions
- Ability to provide outstanding guest service
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability communicate with guests, employees, and leadership
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to the store workforce
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability on or comfort with using computers and/or a willingness to learn
- Prior retail or deli experience with a retail knowledge, including demonstration of instructing/training employees preferred
- Ability to handle sales volume
- Ability to think outside of the box and be receptive to change
- Ability to operate or learn how to operate all equipment necessary to perform any job and responsibilities within the department
- Ability to self start, work independently and as a team, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong commitment to follow through with ability to problem-solve, think proactively, and take strategic action
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise, which entails lifting (up to 65 lbs), bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and performing all functions as set forth above