Senior Java Developer
Job Function And Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Seeking an experienced senior level Enterprise Java developer to be responsible for detailed technical designs, hands-on development, successful implementation and on-going support of high quality scalable enterprise Java business applications.
- The successful candidate will be expected to use proven methodologies and technologies and keep current with the latest advancements and trends in the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) platform.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Converts functional specifications of business requirements into programming specifications.
- Designs, codes, documents and implements high quality scalable Enterprise Java solutions.
- Creates and maintains JUnit tests and performs full regression testing.
- Conducts analysis of organizational goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provides timely technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries.
- May manage development of small projects or play a key role on a larger project team.
- May analyze vendor proposals and evaluates build versus buy with minimal support.
- Effectively interfaces with vendors when required.
- Produces development resource plans and time lines.
- Provides comprehensive and accurate work estimates.
- Functions independently with limited work direction but is also a team player.
- Researches and recommend tools and methodologies for projects.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and management.
Required Qualifications Technical Expertise
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the JEE application development processes.
- Understands the agile development methodology and serves as a resource to others in the use of agile.
- Can become an expert in the existing applications supporting the business area.
- Can ensure applications are performing up to requirements.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies and provides guidance to others.
- Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Provides technical leadership in Enterprise Java (JEE) application development.
- Conducts complete diagnosis of business problems based on a strong understanding of the technical architecture.
- Facilitates design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs.
- Effectively presents their own ideas but also accepts and incorporates idea from others.
- Designs applications with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms.
- Assesses customer requests in terms of their costs and benefits to the business, and their broader impact.
- Understands changing business needs for the Corporate department and the subsequent impact on applications.
- Builds & maintains up-to-date knowledge about company's application development processes, strategies and industry trends.
- Advises customers, business analysts and BSMs on technology-related business problems, formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with them to determine the best solution.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Serves as a key point of contact within IT when working with customers.
- Manages customer expectations and ensures prompt and complete customer service.
- Forms productiv