The job you requested, Freight Associate, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Join our team...............experience the creativity!
Provides exceptional service through direct interaction with customers and assistance with operational, merchandising, and receiving tasks throughout the store
The Freight Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the receiving, processing, stock room standards, and flow of merchandise to sales floor as directed by the Manager on Duty (MOD). The Freight Coordinator is also expected to be able to handle the responsibilities for all of the following areas, and can expect to be assigned to all of these areas during the course of a career with Jo-Ann. Regardless of what area a Team Member is working in, s/he is expected to be dynamic and energetic when greeting and working with customers in the store.
Reports to: The Freight Coordinator reports to the Store Team Leader.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent. MIT tracks for Position.
- Preferred: College Degree
- Minimum: Basic knowledge of POS system and Windows-based computer application
- Preferred: Previous experience in customer service environment and freight processing
- Coordinates freight receiving, processing, and stocking functions according to operational standards guidelines
- Ensures receiving team maintains backroom standards
- Achieves and maintains Company's shrink and audit goals through execution of Company programs and maintenance of store
- Moves merchandise once it is off the delivery truck to the receiving area of the store
- Places merchandise in the appropriate location on the sales floor, while ensuring compliance with plan-o-gram requirements and ensuring proper stock rotation
- Places overstock items in an overstock box and places the boxes on shelves in the perimeter of the store (using a ladder to do
- so when necessary)
- Works with MOD to ensure accurate working of back-stock as needed
- Maintains U Boat Process in stockroom as outlined in Operational Standards Guidelines
Cash Register Area
- Processes customer transactions in an efficient and friendly manner while using proper cash handling procedures at register
- Answers questions for customers
- Enlists customers as preferred customers and updates the Company's mailing list
- Assists customers in computing fabric measurements and answering any questions they may have
- Operates the handheld computers and utilizes the take-a-ticket customer system
- Obtains materials from customers to be measured and cut (e.g., bolts, 54” Home Dec fabric, special order items)
- Measures and cuts fabric in accordance with customer requirements
- Reads the current POG, gathers correct fixtures for the POG (e.g., pegs, shelves), and places the fixtures, labels, and merchandise in the correct location
- Cleans fixtures
- Makes new labels to replace damaged or missing